We would like to keep in touch with you about the vital work we do to raise awareness and support people affected by prostate cancer.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will never sell your data to third parties, and we promise to keep your details safe and secure.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it and how we keep it secure. We want you to tell us how you would like us to communicate with you, and let us know if your details or your preferences change.
We may change this policy from time to time, to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the law. it will be always be easy to find and kept up to date on our website.
You can contact us at any time by email: email@example.com , by telephoning (0116) 288 8188 or by writing to: Prostaid Registered Office, 17 Torrington Close, Wigston Magna, Leicestershire LE18 2RY for more information, or to let us know if you do not wish to receive communications from us.
- What personal data we collect
If you are a supporter of Prostaid as a donor, volunteer, partner, or fundraiser, or if you simply sign up to receive our newsletter or other updates, or you are an employee; we will typically collect some or all of these personal details: your name, address, email address, phone number, UK taxpayer information (for Gift Aid purposes); and your bank or credit card details if necessary.
In response to your donations we will send you communications to keep you updated on our work and how it transforms lives through education. If you would like to stop receiving our communications at any point contact us and you will be removed from our mailing list.
- How we will use your personal information
We will only use your personal information for the six purposes permitted by law:
- Consent: you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect an individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
- How we keep your data safe and who has access
At Prostaid we strive to observe the law in the collection, processing and storing of all personal data and will meet any subject access request in compliance with the law. Your personal details will only be accessible to Prostaid staff and volunteers who have been properly trained and have read, understood and accepted all policies and procedures that relate to the personal data they might handle in the course of their work for us.
Anyone processing personal data will comply with the eight enforceable principles of good practice following the procedures set in place by Prostaid:
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for limited purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- not kept longer than necessary
- processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights
- not transferred to countries without adequate protection
We will NOT rent or sell your personal information to other organisations for use by them in any way, including in their own direct marketing activities. Where we use an external service provider to act on our behalf, we will disclose only the personal information necessary to deliver the service. We will have a contract in place that requires the provider to comply with Prostaid data protection and information security requirements. We may disclose personal information to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so. This includes exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud detection and protection.
- How we will keep your information up to date
We will do our utmost to keep all data accurate, timely and secure. To make sure that we have the most up to date information about how to contact you, we may, from time to time, update your records to reflect any changes to your personal information.
This updated information may come directly from you to us at Prostaid, or it may come from a trusted third party where you have had a clear expectation that your details would be passed on to us for this purpose.
- How long we keep your personal information
Prostaid always has your best interests at heart, and your personal information will not be retained by us for longer than is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected, or for which it was further processed, always in line with our legal obligations. We hold personal information relating to:
- Donations you’ve made to us (held for 7 years since your last donation)
- Legacy donations (held for 10 years after the legacy is received)
- Campaigning on our behalf (for 3 years since your last campaigning activity)
- Subscribing to a newsletter (you can unsubscribe at any time)
We are legally required to hold some personal information to fulfil statutory obligations for example the collection of Gift Aid, or to support certain financial transactions.
- Your rights
You have a right to ask us to stop processing your personal data at any point, and if it’s not necessary for purposes such as processing donations or to fulfil our legal obligations, we will cease to process your data. You can also request access to any information which we hold about you.
You can contact us at any time by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephoning (0116) 288 8188 or by writing to: Prostaid Registered Office, 17 Torrington Close, Wigston Magna, Leicestershire LE18 2RY
Updated May 2018